A brief history of my professional experience thus far. Click to open details on each period.
- Serve as Division President for our Raleigh office.
- Helped bank rebrand, develop new product positioning, and rebuild dated deposit and loan acquisition programs leading to a period of booming growth (quadrupled stock price and over doubled market capitalization).
- Built a new retail marketing team from ground up including three distinct departments (Communications, Digital, and Customer Intelligence).
- Developed a new database strategy restructuring core banking data, third party application data (e.g. online and mobile banking) and peripheral marketing systems (e.g. Pardot) into a single SQL-powered solution that delivered transformational analytics across the organization.
- Delivered nearly 1 million emails annually to prospects and clients with 30%+ open rates and millions of dollars in closed loans and deposit acquisition as a result of the single activity.
- Launched a data-driven marketing automation platform for all line of business and corporate communications. Logic-based automation raised engagement with communications by 10% across all business units.
- Oversaw the complete rebuild of our website and online/tablet/mobile banking solution; experiences that achieve nearly 3 million+ impressions per year.
- Launched our SBA national lending division with industry niche marketing strategies across pharmacy, funeral, childcare, and assisted living verticals.
- Rebranded and rebuilt advertising approach for newly acquired SBA Loan Service Provider, SBA Complete.
- Led the Global and Retail development for bbt.com and m.bbt.com, BB&T’s two primary web properties for our customers. I created and implemented key strategic projects for deposits, lending, and credit lines of business and optimized the use of these online and mobile channels to drive revenue, improve customer experience, and elevate BB&T’s brand.
- Delivered BB&T’s first fully mobile website in 2013 to its 2 million+ customers.
- Helped foster a period of significant growth for the start up digital agency.
- Performed a variety of roles, culminating in a position as Director of Three Ships’ top revenue clients. In the role, I managed the day-to-day relationships and developed strategic and innovative digital programs for clients who spanned banking, entertainment, legal, and eCommerce industries.
- Oversaw all marketing, communications, digital and social strategies in launching the company and its first two products, a mobile app (ToDo Together) as well as a mobile marketing platform (We Geo).
- Personally responsible for national and international strategy for multimillion dollar products: budget and project management for client digital advertising campaigns, publication plans, sales team training, e-sales materials, website development, SEO, SEM, patient education materials, scientific articles, branding exercises, product advocate development, advisory boards, market research, journal supplements, and competitive intelligence.
- Joined S+R managing a national speakers program for a multi-million dollar asthma product and quickly assumed responsibilities as team leader of all programs, and soon after, was promoted to an account management role.
BS Organizational Communication
Other Activities: Team Handball
Rotary of Capital City
2016 – present
American Bankers Association
Bank Marketing Advisory Board Member
2015 – present (Co-Chair 2016 – present)
BSA Eagle Scout
Boy Scouts of America
1989 – 1999